Tuesday, May 28, 2013

FRONT PORCH FURNITURE

Since moving into our home, we've wanted to be able to sit on the front porch, which is shaded most of the day, and read and sip ice tea and enjoy the view of the open field across the street.

After considering different options, I stumbled onto an Adirondack Love Seat while shopping at Bi-Mart one afternoon.  It was reasonably priced, but came as a kit, so I knew I had some work to do.  I planned on painting it white, to match our trim.  I also planned on painting each individual piece before assembling it, knowing it would be much easier to paint it before assembly rather than after assembly.

I did not realize, however, until  after I opened the box that it had about 300 pieces of wood.  Or so it seemed.  An actual count revealed only 65 pieces.  But each piece needed to be painted with a coat of primer followed by two coats of exterior paint.

It took forever.  But it's finally done.





A front porch needing a place to sit.
A bench in a box.
Sixty-five pieces of wood plus a bunch of screws.
Individually priming, painting, and painting again each piece.
Project completed.
Livin' the good life.

1 comment: