Tuesday, April 1, 2014

WHEN YOU HAVE A BIRTHDAY ON APRIL FOOL’S DAY AND WHEN YOU HAVE A JOB AT THE SAME TIME


I’m not saying that all of my co-workers conspired against me today. 

But I am saying this:

While setting up a treatment room for one of our patients this afternoon, one of our nurses, Theresa, walked into the room to show me some order for the patient we were getting ready to treat.  The order had nothing to do with my job.  Theresa was wasting my time.  After she showed me the order, she left the room, but accidentally bumped into me on the way out.
But it wasn’t an accidental bump.

While bumping into me, she managed to tape a strip of toilet paper to my back at the level of my belt.  I didn’t think anything of it, but half the staff was in the hall when I walked out of the treatment room.  And they all had dopey grins on their faces.

What I didn’t know at the time was that the prank was designed to make it look like I had just emptied my posterior orifice and had failed to flush the toilet paper down the toilet.  It was made to look like I got the last strip of toilet paper stuck in my pants before leaving the restroom.

Of course, nobody bothered to tell me about the image I was presenting as I walked around the department and diligently worked to save lives. My co-workers were more than willing to just let me wander around looking like I needed a lesson on how to complete a wipe job.

Not only that, but Olivia took a picture of me from behind, without my knowledge or permission, and then emailed the picture to everybody on the staff with the message line reading “Happy Birthday, Bruce!”

That’s the risk you face when you have a birthday on April Fool’s Day and have a job at the same time.



2 comments: