Saturday, January 24, 2015

SECRET DATE

About ten days ago, Debra called me at work and asked me if I could get the day off work on Friday, January 23rd.   She also asked that I not make any plans for that evening.
 
She wanted to take me out on a special date to celebrate our 13th anniversary.  She wouldn't tell me where she was taking me.  She wanted to keep it a secret and she didn't want me trying to guess what it was.  
 
Last night she unveiled her secret and took me to one of the best shows I have ever seen!  A group called Rain performed a tribute to The Beatles.  The auditorium was sold out.  The crowd was mostly old but incredibly energetic.  And we had a great time living in the past for a couple of hours.
 
When one of the performers asked how many in the audience saw The Beatles live on The Ed Sullivan Show, almost every hand went up that was attached to a gray-haired head.
 
 
The show was performed at the Collier Center in downtown Medford.



Before we entered the theater, we took a low-quality selfie in the dark outside the entrance.


Once inside, we had a great view from our third row balcony seats.

The performances and the multi-media effects were amazing.


Click the play tab below for a quick peek at what we saw.
 

1 comment: