Friday, August 23, 2013

SIX-YEAR-OLD GIRL COUSINS

I thought it was a bit strange when Debra called me from the parking lot of a nearby grocery store just so that Makiah and Naomi could scream at me as loud as possible through Debra's phone.
 
But I soon realized that that was not the intent of Debra's call when I heard her say, "Be quiet, girls.  I'm trying to talk to Papa."
 
Makiah is having a birthday party this weekend and she invited Naomi.  They are both spending the next couple of nights at our house.
 
It's noisy.
 
Really noisy.
 

 
 
Naomi and Makiah sit on our Adirondack love seat.
Both girls flaunt the gaps where their upper right front teeth once lived.
Toys and noise, but no boys.  Except me.
Dressing dolls.
Two dolls in a doll house.
Makiah takes a picture of me taking a picture of her.
Naomi chills.
Thumbs up for pizza.
Debra took off for a couple of hours to help Ashley move into her apartment while I watched a thrilling movie, The Smurfs, with the girls.
The intensity of the movie reduced the noise level in the house, then it was time to go to bed and end the day.  A fun day.  A fun, noisy day.

2 comments:

  1. My home contains two people, Teebs and myself. My house is much quieter than yours. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you purposely make memories with your grandkids. I still think of the times we spent with my grandma. A train whistle makes me think of sleeping in the bed in the spare room or the fold out couch in the living room. We were blessed to have my grandma until she was 95 and she always thought we were the most perfect people ever.

    Sharon, a friend of Bethany.

    ReplyDelete