Sunday, September 15, 2013

SISTER-BROTHER TIME

My sister, Judy, and I try to get together at least once a year.  This weekend was one of those times.  I got up early Friday morning, pulled out of the driveway before the sun came up, and arrived at Judy's place about seven hours later.
 
We spent time looking through old photographs, eating out, watching television, attending a musical production, and yakking a lot.
 
This morning, insomnia hit around 2:00 a.m.  I tried to get back to sleep, but once it became apparent that sleep would continue to elude me, I put my suitcase in my truck at about 3:00 a.m. and started driving, arriving home around 10:00 a.m. this morning
 
Amazingly, I'm not all that tired.
 
Since this was to be a relaxing trip, I decided to take time to stop occasionally and smell the roses and watch the sunrise.  There were no roses along the way, but about two miles north of Yreka, I stopped at a Vista Point and watched the sun come over the horizon.
A few additional miles south on I-5, I stopped at a rest area and tried to get a photo of Mt. Shasta.  Smoke from California wildfires, however, obscured the view, but Mt. Shasta towers above the building in the middle of the photo.
Judy and I get ready to go out on a date.
I try my skill at taking a selfie, while Judy uses sign language to say, "All we are saying is give peace a chance."
We arrive at the 6th Street Playhouse to watch the musical, Spamalot.
While sitting in the audience, we laughed a lot at Spamalot.
Before leaving Judy's place this morning, I remembered to set the trip odometer to zero.  From her house to mine is over 340 miles.  All together, I drove about 700 miles since leaving The House on Oak Valley two days ago.

2 comments:

  1. What a fun time! I love that you guys make a point to visit on a regular basis. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had such a great time! I loved the play, and it was nice to spend time with you. My favorite picture is the one where you can't see my round face...

    ReplyDelete