Saturday, October 12, 2013

BLUE MOON: THE SILAS CHALLENGE

 
 
 
Three days ago, Bethany posted on facebook a conversation that took place in her home while Blue Moon was playing on Pandora:
 
Silas:  "This song is such a Papa song."
 
Bethany:  "What do you mean?"
 
Silas:  "He could do such a good parody with it.  And that part, the bom, bom, bom stuff?  He could do that SO well!"
 
Bethany:  "You should challenge him."
 
Silas:  "Yeah, I might have to."
 
When I replied on facebook and asked Bethany what specific kind of challenge Silas had in mind, she said that he would call me later in the evening.  Silas called and gave me two options in his challenge:  He wanted me either to lip sync an existing Blue Moon song or to do a parody of Blue Moon.  I told him that I wasn't too interested in lip-syncing someone else's voice, but that I might consider doing a parody.
 
So, I found an instrumental version of Blue Moon on YouTube, borrowed the music from that video to use as a soundtrack, and wrote a few lyrics to parody the song.
 
Then I took some blue masking tape and attached the lyrics to my dashboard so that I could read them instead of looking at the speedometer while driving and singing.  I also taped my camera to a small box which I also taped to the dashboard so that I could look at the camera instead of looking at the road while driving and singing.  Then I drove down the road while singing and video taping the parody of Blue Moon.
 
 
 



In the end, I rose to Silas' challenge by creating the music video he suggested.  Unfortunately, I could not figure out a way to work in the bom, bom, bom stuff.

To view the video, click the play tab below.






4 comments:

  1. Love it! Looking forward to your arrival. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll try not to shed too many tears along the way.

      Delete
  2. Dear Papa -

    I just watched the Blue Moon song and it was really, really funny.

    ~ Naomi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Naomi -

      I hope you're still good at throwing a rope over a cow.

      - Papa

      Delete