Wednesday, November 12, 2014

JOURNEY THROUGH RADIATION THERAPY


When Dave and Jenni Sprunger posted their emotional announcement online, I saw it because it had been shared by a Facebook friend who knew about it because another Facebook friend had shared it.  I, in turn, also shared it.  So the word got out quickly and reached many.

I didn’t really know Dave when I heard his special message.  All I knew was what I had observed.  Dave was an amazing talent who sang, played piano and wrote original music.  I saw him lead worship at Mountain Christian Fellowship but we never became acquainted.  I knew his son, Nate, because we served together as ushers at the church.  I had met his wife, Jenni, when she taught in the children’s church where Debra and I also served.


Dave wears a custom-made mask used for immobilization during radiation therapy treatments.


So, when Dave showed up at my workplace, I asked him and Jenni if I could have their permission to bless them and their family by making a video of Dave’s journey through radiation therapy.  I had never before made such an offer to a patient.  But I somehow felt compelled to ask in this case.  Dave and Jenni were appreciative of my offer and they said ‘Yes”.



This is the cover photo used for Dave's CD, Sitting at the Feet of Jesus.  One of Dave's original songs, 
Our Eyes Look to You, is featured in the video below.


What you will see in this video is Dave’s experience on a treatment table.  What you will hear is Dave’s voice and his piano playing as he sings one of his original compositions.

6 comments:

  1. That was incredible!! Thank you for sharing this. My name is Leslie and I am Jenni's cousin. I had no idea what the video would be when I hit play but I'm so happy I took the time to see it. I love the fact that I can see him smiling with his eyes towards the end. They are such amazing people and I love them dearly. My heartfelt thanks to you and your staff for obviously taking care of them both with such loving and gentle hands. God Bless you ��

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you SO MUCH for taking the time to do this for my dad. I love him with everything in me. He is so dear to my soul. I am grateful to you. -Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh WOW! Thank you so much for posting this. Thank you for what you are doing to help David through radiation, with the help of God. I hope this blesses many and turns people to Jesus! - Debbie (Sprunger) Wetzig - David's oldest sister.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is very powerful, Bruce. I hope you continue to record his journey. I'm rooting for him to experience a miracle and be healed. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This video instantly had me praying and standing in the gap for you Bruce!! Praying for a miracle!! What a BEAUTIFUL song and voice!!! Be blessed always and forever in Jesus!!! Your sis in Christ,

    Chrissy

    ReplyDelete