Saturday, November 22, 2014

ROMANTIC LAUNDROMAT DATE


Last Tuesday our washer died.  It leaked all over the floor.  I had considered CPR, but I already did CPR on our dryer a couple months ago and I just wasn't in the mood to try my limited handyman skills this time in trying to resuscitate this appliance. 
 
So on Wednesday I took advantage of a Black Friday sale at The Home Depot and purchased a new washer.  The Black Friday sale on Wednesday seemed a bit early this year and the delivery of the washer was about ten days out.  We had a pile of dirty laundry and no washer.
 
The washer apparently sprung a leak in the drum and soaked the floor.  Towels absorbed the leakage.  The washer leaves next weekend.
 
We also had a Friday night and Saturday morning marriage seminar we had signed up for at our church this weekend.  The seminar was outstanding and I was personally challenged to make some improvements as a husband.
 
When we left the seminar, Debra and I went to the laundromat together, something we had never done before, and we plunked a bunch of quarters into a bunch of machines.  I had considered unscrewing some of the lights in the laundromat to make the atmosphere a bit more romantic, but it was romantic enough already.
 
After a delightful time of folding clothes together, we went out to lunch and then went home. 
 
Overall, we had a very enjoyable two days together.



Debra and I spent three hours last night and three hours this morning gathering ideas about
how to improve our marriage.
 

After the marriage seminar, we spent some quality time together at the laundromat.  I suppose I could have made the event a little more romantic by carrying the laundry basket myself, but I can't take pictures
and carry a basket at the same time.

Our local laundromat is located in downtown Talent, right across the street from
the store where we buy ice cream on sale.

Debra positions herself to place eight quarters into one washer.

Savoring the moment together.


Debra, who is not a cell phone addict, kills time with her phone.

I kill time with a book.


Debra, who is not a cell phone addict, kills more time by making a call.


After completing the folding of underwear in front of a small audience at the laundromat, we complete our date with lunch at a restaurant we had never tried before, conveniently located on the same block as the laundromat.

1 comment:

  1. The basket carrying/picture taking dilemma is a tough one, for sure. ;)

    ReplyDelete