Sunday, May 31, 2015

GOOD FOOD, BAD ENTERTAINMENT AND PHOTOPHOBIA

My weekend visit with my sister, Judy, was as pleasant as I expected it would be.  We got to hang out, dine out, visit, dabble on Facebook and watch a play.  A really bad play.  In fact, we decided that we now share a common memory for future conversations:  The worst play we both have ever seen, we got to see together!

But aside from the crummy play, we had a great time together!

But getting back to the crummy play,  a plethora of problems plagued the production:

First, there were apparently not enough guys who showed up when auditions were held, so most of the male roles were played by females - females wearing men's clothing and sporting fake moustaches and beards.  

Also, the acting was beyond bad.  It was cringe-worthy, except for the lead male role.  He was a talented actor.  The others were not.  Not even close.

Also, it was a musical.  Musicals are great if the performers can sing.  They couldn't.  

Also, tickets were $25 each.  That's with a senior discount.  That's a total of $50 for my senior citizen sister and my senior citizen self.  A lot of good movies can be seen for $50.

Aside from the play, I also learned that my sister is not a big fan of having her picture taken.  But she is a good sport about it and was willing to humor her little brother with a few photos during our visit together.





Judy and I dined out on Friday night at the restaurant of her choosing:  Latitudes in Windsor.



Judy humored her little brother by willingly posing for a few shots.  A set of stairs, a redwood tree and
a recycle dumpster added to the ambiance of the moments.

Judy and I arrive at the 6th Street Playhouse.

After sitting through the play, Crazy For You, Judy and I were crazy ready to leave.



For some reason, Judy liked these final three photos better than all the other ones we took during our weekend together.

3 comments:

  1. Those last three pictures are funny. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those 3 are my favorites of the whole visit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all the pics! Thanks for the laugh... This blog post is too funny!

    ReplyDelete