Wednesday, May 13, 2015

WHEN GRATEFUL PEOPLE ARE ALSO TALENTED

I have the best job in the world!

All day, every day, I am loved and appreciated by cancer patients who are receiving radiation therapy treatments.  Why are they appreciative?  Because they know everyone on our team is dedicated to curing their cancer and saving their lives.

Quite often when patients finish their final treatment, they bring a gift to show their gratitude. We receive boxes of chocolates, gift cards to Dutch Brothers, food baskets and various kinds of snacks.

One year we received a cake and I was part of the cake decoration.

Today a lady who finished her treatments a few weeks ago came back into our clinic.  On the day she completed her last treatment she told me that she would like to paint a picture of me as a gift.  
Well, she started and finished her painting yesterday and brought it into our clinic today: A beautiful, hand-painted 16x20-inch acrylic on canvas.

There are some definite pluses to my job!



Terri gave me permission to take her picture and to post it online.

An amazing gift!

A pretty good likeness.

2 comments: