Saturday, September 12, 2015

PETER, PAUL AND MARY AND SCHWINN

My eleven-plus-year-old elliptical exerciser succumbed to old age last month.  I gave it away on Craigslist to someone who had the energy and ambition to resurrect it.

Meanwhile, Debra did a bunch of research online and, based on her research, we chose to replace the old elliptical with a new Schwinn 470 Elliptical.  The old one came assembled years ago.  The new one needed about four hours of labor.


It took about an hour just to get it out of the box before the four-hour assembly began.

Assembling things is not one of my favorite things to do.  I sometimes get confused trying to follow instructions that are not written in America.  Then I get frustrated.  Then I perspire.  Then I get grouchy. 

So today I launched a pre-emptive strike against a potential bad attitude by having Peter, Paul and Mary help me to stay mellow throughout the entire project.  I started with a Peter, Paul and Mary station on Pandora, but that station played mostly music from other elderly artists. 

So then I went to YouTube and found some videos that played only Peter, Paul and Mary music.  That kept me entertained and mellow while assembling our new elliptical.  The project is now done and I, amazingly, have a pretty good attitude.



Keeping me mellow.





Simultaneously assembling and staying mellow.

It works.

It has a blue display for tracking the workout.

The old one is gone.

1 comment:

  1. Nice job on the pre-emptive strike. :) I think you should give Spotify a try. I wasn't sure I'd like it as much as Pandora, but they're different and now I find myself using both, depending on how picky I feel about what I want to listen to.

    ReplyDelete