Saturday, December 12, 2015

BUILDING MEMORIES

Debra has mentored three young girls over the past few years and I have been mentoring an eleven-year-old boy since he was nine. 

Last night we took our kids to see a play at a local, non-professional community playhouse, The Randall Theatre, and we watched a very well executed performance of Scrooge, The Musical.  Ebenezer Scrooge could actually sing!

After the show we took the kids home and picked them up again this morning for a Christmas craft party at Rogue Valley Youth for Christ, the organization that sponsors the mentoring program.




Debra and I, with our mentees, take our seats at the Randall Theatre and wait for Scrooge, The Musical to begin.

My mentee makes a candle holder out of a glass goblet while Debra and her mentee watch.




Decorating gift boxes together.

From the craft party to Dairy Queen.

Everyone at the table thought it was quite funny how my fedora left a thin red crease on my scalp.

1 comment: