Saturday, June 25, 2016

HIKING IN THE REDWOODS

This morning I drove to Brookings to spend a day with the Moffits. The day included a picnic and hike through a section of Jedediah Smith State Park.

The day ended with full stomachs at Wild River Pizza (aka The Pizza Deli).

Tomorrow I join them for church before heading back to the valley.

Five Moffit cousins: Ally, Daisy, Haydn, Neo and Connley (Haydn and Connley have a mother who is Josh's sister).

Our hike led us to a fallen redwood with another redwood growing out of it.



Belinda, Daisy and Barbara (Josh's mom) set up our picnic lunch.

Ally climbs.

Daisy, Ally and Haydn amidst the trees.

Father and son.

Father and daughter.

Husband and wife.




Ally, Daisy and Neo.

Daisy attempts to climb a tree which, interestingly, created a bridge and was
rooted into the ground on both sides of the trail.

Neo's turn to climb the same tree.

Looking up.

I did not take this photo and I don't remember specifically what was going on here, but
I think Belinda is telling me what to do and I am tipping my hat in compliance.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a wonderful time with family! Great pics :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun day! You got some great pictures.

    ReplyDelete