Sunday, December 30, 2012

DOCUMENTARY MAKING (PART 1 OF 2)

For the past couple of years, I have celebrated my brother's and my sister's birthdays by creating music videos for them.  Mockery is the love language that bonds the three of us together, and we're all pretty good at it.

When Dean turned sixty last July, I used Mungo Jerry's hit, In The Summertime, tweaked it a bit, and made it personal for Dean.  Dean's birthday video was called In The Month of July and it ran for only two minutes and fifteen seconds.  Even though it lasted for just barely over two minutes, I probably spent 60 to 80 hours making it.

First, I had to find a song with guitar chords easy enough for me to play, rewrite the lyrics, practice singing and playing the song, and record the audio.  Once the audio was recorded, I added the video. 

I wanted Dean to know all that went into making a short video just for him.  So, for Christmas, I sent him a DVD called The Making of The Video - In The Month of July.  I classified it as a documentary and rated it PG-13 for brief underwear exposure.

The original two minute birthday video can be viewed here:

 
 
 
The Documentary about how it was made can be viewed here:
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment