Saturday, December 22, 2012

INVENTING STUFF TO FIX STUFF THAT BUGS ME

Something has been bugging me ever since we moved into our new house two weeks ago.
 
After hooking up the television and all its accessories, there has still been a plethora of wires visible while watching TV.  I've hidden all the wires as well as I could, but there are simply too many wires to hide.
 
Solution:  Invent a wire hiding panel.
 
That's what I did today.
 
 
This is what I've been looking at for the past two weeks.
A complex collection of cables behind the TV is incapable of being adequately concealed.
Getting measurements for my new invention.  Forty inches wide.
Nine inches high.
Off to The Home Depot to purchase invention supplies.
Supplies purchased.
Supplies included a 9"x40" piece of particle board, a quart of primer, four fastening brackets, two machine screws with wing nuts, and six wood screws.
The two bottom brackets are secured with three wood screws each.  The two top brackets are each secured with one screw and a wing nut for pivoting each bracket before tightening.
From the other side, two screw heads are shown on the top and two secured brackets are shown on the bottom.  At this point, the board was covered with a coat of primer, then painted with the same color as the wall in the living room.
Once the paint dried, I put the wire hiding panel in place, starting with the bottom brackets positioned behind the lower shelf.
Then I rotated the top brackets against the middle shelf and tightened the wing nuts.
Now I am no longer bugged by the wires behind the television.


1 comment: