Friday, April 12, 2013

TRAVEL BUDDY

Last month, when I decided to make a trip to Woodburn to visit the Weathersbys, I called them and told Naomi I'd be coming.  She asked if I would bring Makiah.  After getting permission from both Naomi's parents and Makiah's parents, it was a done deal. 
 
Both girls have spent the past two weeks in eager anticipation of a weekend together.  Today was the day it happened.
 
 
This morning I arrived at Makiah's house to pick her up for the trip to Woodburn.
Before merging onto I-5, we prepped for the trip by stopping at Dutch Brothers.  Makiah holds her Green Apple Smoothie while the Dutch Brothers Drive-Through is artistically framed in the window on the driver's side of my pickup.
Nature called at the rest stop near Seven Feathers.
At around the halfway point of the trip, near Exit 142, the chatter in the vehicle suddenly ceased and gave way to silent serenity, which lasted for about four minutes.  By the time we reached Exit 148, the power nap ended.
By the time we reached Woodburn, which is famous for "Naomi's House", I was pretty much forgotten.
Two princesses in one house.




Bedtime.
 

1 comment: