Friday, June 27, 2014

FUN WITH JUDY

Today was Judy's first full day visiting with us.
 
Yesterday, to announce her weekend visit, I had posted on facebook a 60-year-old photo of Judy and me playing baseball together.  In a comment on my facebook posting, Tracy challenged me to recreate that same pose after Judy arrived.
 
So, after consuming Debra's amazing breakfast this morning, Judy and I headed out to the back patio with my camera and tripod and tried to reproduced our 1954 pose.  We ran into some technical difficulties along the way but eventually got them resolved.
 
Then we headed to the field across the street for some video recording of the two of us playing baseball.
 
With both the photo project and the video project behind us, Debra headed for a meeting in Medford and Judy and I headed for Ashland.
 
We got home later in the afternoon, ate at our local Chinese restaurant, then saw a play.  
 
Judy and me in 1954.

My facebook posting yesterday announced Judy's visit.  Notice Tracy's comment at the end, suggesting an updated photo of the two of us playing baseball again.  I take those kinds of challenges very seriously.

I set up my tripod, placed Judy in her original 1954 pose, set the camera for a 10-second time delay, then stepped into the photo to join Judy.  It didn't work out very well, unless you like photos of decapitated baseball players.  Realizing that the use of the tripod and the 10-second time delay might be problematic, we recruited Debra to take the pictures.


Debra's first two attempts were unsuccessful because a dog was not present in the original 60-year-old photo.

Eventually we succeeded.

The successful photo was then cropped, changed to black and white, and framed to resemble the antique picture.

Then we stepped across the street and recorded a one-minute baseball movie starring ourselves.

Click the play tab below to view the video:




Judy and I spent a couple of hours at Lithia Park in Ashland, walking, talking, sitting and watching ducks and dragonflies.

We thought about playing tennis in the park, but then we didn't think about it anymore.

Returning from the park, the three of us dined together at Mei Sum Chinese Restaurant then we attended a play at the Camelot Theatre.

The Camelot Theatre is shown in the distance behind my two dates.

Les Miserables was the longest play I've ever attended, starting at 8:00 p.m. and ending at 11:20 p.m., but the acting and singing were exceptional and the cast received a rare standing ovation.

1 comment: