Thursday, June 19, 2014

TURNING NINETY


 


Today my father hits the big Nine-O!

In related news, last September I spent a weekend with my sister, Judy, and we attended a play together in Santa Rosa.  But attending a play wasn't the main reason for our visit.  The primary purpose was to sort through boxes and boxes of old photographs and to find as many as we could of our father.

Since we knew at the time that his next birthday would put him within one decade of triple digits, we thought a birthday music video would be fitting.  But we needed some pictures to pull off the project.  That's where Judy came in.  She had a significant stash stored in a shed behind her house.


Perusing through a plethora of pictures.


When our weekend ended, I took the collection of photos home with me, picked up a birthday cake and a truckload of birthday candles and put together a video tribute to our father.

Here's the video:




https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7w48O5D5UM&list=UUZ7a3CI-Bon2xKBrLJTOEVw

3 comments:

  1. That was awesome! So many wonderful pics,so much history.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was fun! You did a great job, Bruce. I thoroughly enjoyed all the pics. Well worth going through boxes and boxes to get just the right ones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved all of those pictures!

    ReplyDelete