Tuesday, January 1, 2013

DOCUMENTARY MAKING (PART 2 OF 2)

Judy is the older of my two siblings and my only sister.  Just over a year ago, I created my very first music video to celebrate her entry into senior citizenship by parodying Don McLean's hit, Vincent, also known as Starry, Starry Night.  Judy's birthday video was called Scary, Scary Night since she was born on the day before Halloween.

That video got me started on what has become a bit of a tradition:  Making music videos for my siblings on their birthdays.

A year after Scary, Scary Night, Judy turned sixty-six, inspiring yet another birthday video, this time parodying Nat King Cole's hit, Route 66.  Judy's new video was called When You Turn 66, runs for only three minutes, but took tens of hours to create and can be seen here:


 
 
 
Like the video I made for Dean last summer to celebrate his entry into his seventh decade of life, In The Month of July, Judy's latest birthday video also needed a documentary attached to it in order for her to know the scope of my commitment to this project and to her:  The selection of a song to parody that has guitar chords suitable for a mediocre string picker, the rewriting of that song to make it specific to her birthday, the practicing and practicing of it until I finally got it as close to being right as I could ever get it, the recording of the song into a digital voice recorder and, finally, the video presentation to accompany the audio recording.
 
 
But this is all explained in the documentary, The Making of the Video - When You Turn 66, which is rated G (suitable for GERIATRIC audiences) and which can be seen here:
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment