Sunday, January 13, 2013

THE LAST SUPPER

Or, to be more accurate, The Last Lunch.

Our weekend with Makiah and Naomi came to an end today.  We rose early, took the girls to church and Sunday School, took them to a restaurant for lunch, then took them home.



Naomi and Makiah stand outside The Breadboard Restaurant in Ashland.

After lunch, Debra took Makiah home and I took Naomi halfway home to a designated spot where Tim arrived to take her the rest of the way home.  

The first half of our two-hour trip together involved a lot of talking and listening.  Naomi talked and I listened.  At a certain point in our journey, it suddenly occurred to me that the interior of the car had become quiet.  It had been quiet for about a minute or so before I became aware of it.

I looked over at Naomi.  Her eyes were still open, but seemed distant and unfocused.  The silence continued for another few minutes, but was suddenly broken when I heard a little female voice say, "Papa, I'm going to conk out now."

And she did.  



Naomi, as she appeared during the last half of our trip today.



1 comment:

  1. Such a fun weekend! I bet you'll sleep well tonight. :)

    ReplyDelete