Tuesday, January 1, 2013

WORKING IN THE NEW YEAR


I celebrated the New Year by working on our new home.  The garage has been a particular challenge and a source of annoyance.  Too much stuff and not enough room.  Boxes and plastic storage containers have been piled in corners and along walls since we moved.  The contents of the boxes have been mostly unknown since they've all been closed and stacked on top of each other.
 
This kind of disorganization runs against the very core of my being.  I just can't handle it.
 
So I celebrated the New Year by cleaning and straightening up the garage.  A couple of trips to The Home Depot provided the shelving material I needed and, within three days, the project was done. 
 
The garage is now as I have envisioned it.
 

 
The left side of the garage as it appeared on Sunday before I attacked it.
The right side of the garage on the same day.
The back wall.
My three ladders have been outside since our move because there has been no place in the garage to place them.
On Sunday afternoon, I moved all the boxes and storage containers away from the left wall so I could install some shelves.
Today the left side of the garage has shelves.  Also, all three ladders have moved indoors.
The back wall is organized.  A "Team Rad" sign was given to everyone where I work by a patient, who is also a sign maker, who completed his course of radiation treatments a few years ago. 
The right side of the garage, consisting mostly of tools, now has every tool on a peg, on a shelf, in a drawer or in a cupboard.
My garage is done. At least for now.

Both vehicles can also fit in the garage.

No comments:

Post a Comment