Friday, January 11, 2013

THE HANDOFF AND THE RIDE

This weekend Debra and I are hosting two five-year-old female granddaughters for two nights.  I left early from work today to meet Naomi at the halfway point between her house and ours.

After lunch on Sunday, I'll return her to the same place and I know I'll be exhausted because I already am.  But it's a good exhaustion.

Since Tim had to work today, Bethany brought the whole gang for Naomi's transfer from their van to my pickup.
Naomi leaves the van and enters the truck for the return trip to the house on Oak Valley.
We found snow on the trip.
Making a snowball.
The windup and the pitch.
By the time we got to Papa and Nana's place, Naomi was so excited that she could hardly stand it.




4 comments:

  1. I wondered how her lack of a nap, preceded by "I can't wait to go" insomnia the night before, was going to play out on the second part of the trip. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man she looks like Bertha! Holy Shmoly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep. I've really noticed it over the last year or so. :)

      Delete